Friday 21 February 2014

Along came Betty - Prime of your Life

Apologies for the standard of photo, when i took these my SLR was being fixed.
I came across this recently in my local Tesco and as a MAC primer user thought i'd have a lesser expensive model a go for everyday wear and i wasn't disappointed.
With a primer you hope for an even all over layer that fills in the little indents in your skin to help give you foundation/tinted moisturizer a better work surface, you want a matt finish to stop too much shine coming through and you want a lasting barrier for your foundation to stick to, without it your foundation can often show up large pores and indentations which is worse than no make up.
I used a small amount of this on my face, less than a daily moisturizer but more than an eye concealer which means the tube will last quite a while, it covered my face evenly and wasn't thick or heavy on my skin, I wouldn't use this as a face cream or like a tinted moisturizer simply because like a day cream, this is quite thin and light and leaves a flushed look on your skin until you apply foundation like a cool day cream would so unless your looking for the windswept highland look it's best as a base.

It comes out a pale cream colour but goes on clear, this amount did my whole face and neck. 

The picture isn't great but you can see the fresh red glow over my cheeks from the primer, it left my skin super soft and great to work with.
Pros:
Skin was soft
It covers with a small amount
Inexpensive
smoothed all indents out
Cons:
Leaves skin a little fresh looking
9/10
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment