Wednesday 16 July 2014

Birchbox VS Glossybox - decision time

This month i have enough points for 2 free BB's and 1 GB once i send in my surveys for the products so i decided it was time to have a rethink on my beauty box orders.

In my Glossy box this month i received 4 full sized items and 1 sample size
 I was excited to see what was on offer this month with there being 4 full sized items however i had my reservations since i was disappointing with the last few boxes.
The first thing i noticed with a lovely tub of carmex, i've seen it around a lot lately but not had chance to try it out and on first impressions i really like it, it's smooth and not strong smelling.
 Sadly i don't like Color Club varnishes and i particularly don't like the shade they sent, i had hoped for a summery colour if they insisted on sending yet more varnish so this will be put in a Christmas box for someone else that might actually use it.
Then i saw this lush little lilac parcel and my hopes were picked up, sadly i can't use perfumed soap and lavender is just too strong to risk on my skin so i've given this to my daughter who loves the flowery smell.

 I thought i'd been sent another mascara but thankfully it wasn't, it's a tube of eye lid primer and since i got a mini one in my BirchBox by another brand a few months ago i'm happy to give this one a go, it's pale in colour so not suitable for everyone

And lastly was a Lipstick in an orangy/coral colour, it's not my colour and i won't be using it, sadly i don't know anyone that suits this shade so it's likely to be a throw away or get lost in the back of a makeup draw. 

All in all i wasn't overly impressed with the box and i don't feel it's really broadening my make up box and i seem to be getting a lot of the same products just in different shades i won't use so i think i'll use my free box points and then cancel until i think they are swapping some brands around.



On to the Birchbox which was very late this month and a lot more paper i never read:



I loved the bright colours in this months box so was excited to see what was in the it


I love the little foody extras that birchbox send but this month i was disappointed, i don't drink coconut water so coconut lemonade was something worse, needless to say this went straight in the bin.

 Then i saw this little beauty and i've been meaning to try it for a long time, this was a winner for me and i'm glad i got this months box just for this.
The next thing to come out of the box was a Weleda product, i've not tried anything by them so i'm looking forward to this.

 I've not heard of Whish before and this smells yummy, it's a great texture and doesn't take forever to soak in like most do.
 Sadly this was another coral type lip product and it just isn't for me, i gave it to a friend who seemed to like it much more than me.
And this was my last item, again i've not used balance me before and i don't normally use eye creams but i'll be sure to give this a good go before making my mind up on it.


All i all i was pleased with my Birchbox and i'm glad there were no more polishes, i got a few products that i've not seen or tried before which was refreshing and i think i'll hang onto BB for a little while longer, i'm now looking at what i can swop my GB for so next month may bring something different.

TJ x


No comments:

Post a Comment