Saturday 27 February 2016

Alice has entered the building!

On the 26th of February Alice in wonderland Irregular choice shoes were released, i'd waited for this day for a while and I was super lucky to be in the first few of the queue outside the store, i'd gone looking for one or two pairs but in actual fact I fell for the whole collection so I bought most of it!







The flats were nothing to be sniffed at, each one had it's own quirk including glittered heels and little touches that made them not only cute but practical for every day wear
 
 


 Up until recently ICs flats were often narrow on the toe and the backs were quite stiff which took a lot of wearing in but thankfully with Alice and the new S/S season they seem to of adjusted those problems and the fit is much better



Of course an Alice shaped heel was the only way to go with this range, I'd lusted after 'Tea with Alice' heels since I saw the photos and knew i'd love them even more when I saw them for real and I did, they are super sparkly, something which the camera doesn't pick up so much
 


A second pair of Alice heels quickly stole my heart, the 'Flowers can't talk' were so pretty and detailed that I couldn't choose between the two and had to have them both, the embroidery on the sides of these shoes is something to admire for a long time to come




I finally got my hands on my first pair of heart shaped heels and they flash! it's like being little all over again, the knitted design is really soft and the pink is so vibrant, i'll be found stomping around in my room if anyone needs me



White rabbit is a big feature in the film but I didn't expect which such a big presence in the shoes, it's quite a high heel, the sequins are a wonderful touch to these shoes, there is lots of glitter involved but it gives a nice break between this and the heel, these also come in a pink colour way
 


Teapots, teapots, teapots, I dreamt about these shoes weeks before the release when i'd seen leaked photos and just could not get them out of my head, they are overly high, overly loud and totally me, so much time and effort has gone into making and designing these that i'm overwhelmed with joy every time I wear them

 
My last pair, my favourite pair, my ultimate IC pair....I'm late, I'm late
These works of art, pearl beauties were the only pair I HAD to have when I queued for 2 hours outside the store on release day, i'd seen a long distance, blurry photo and already loved them, the colours, the jewels, the little iridescent trim! everything is what I wanted and so much more



For the first time i'd noticed there are minor differences in heel height on the flats, barely worth mentioning but I know some ladies who wear IC near really flat shoes, even the inside that no one sees is covered in glitter, they are little beauties  
 


Finally, the box, that little layer of cardboard that protects our shoes from the dust and damage the world has to throw at them, it's a double sided gift in itself, often a box is pretty but this is something else, no one took a shortcut when they made these boxes, they just add to the whole magical experience




I've included a heel comparison photo for those that may want Alice shoes but not have any already so you can tell what may or may not be a good heel height for you

Don't forget these are a limited edition so once they are sold out, that's it.

 
TJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment