Saturday 19 March 2016

Lush Bath - Gold rings and Cinders

I love a good lush bath but I find the reviews without photos are hard to really grasp what i'm getting for my money, Lush is well known for it's animal friendly items but they are also often pricey in comparison to other bath stuffs, if you compare source, quality and time they are 100% worth the cost but as they only currently have 1 sale per year (old Christmas stock usually) people often only buy a few bits at a time.
I'm one of those people, I bulk buy at Christmas and top up on special occasions so I've always got some extra Christmas bits to use up.

 I find myself using the items on my weekend bath mostly, I have time to enjoy it and revel in the scents and feelings the items bring, this week I have a stinking cold and can barely smell so I decided to get rid of the strong stuff whilst I can bare it (these were gifts so not something i'd of chosen)
I used 5 gold rings bubble bar and broke off 1 ring for this bath, it gave me enough bubbles for the scent and glitter but not so much I couldn't enjoy the bomb, the scent is vanilla and Tonka, i'm not sure what Tonka is but it smells nice :) they aren't strong bars and don't give millions of bubbles but they are all round nice.
 

Cinders.....Cinders.....Cinders, I wanted to love the spicy scent but sadly I just don't, it's a heady, cinnamon leaf oil based scent, I decided with a cold and blocked nose now is the time to use it up, what I didn't plan on (Always read the label kids!) was that the one time I get in and then use the bomb it would contain popping candy, exciting times I hear you cry.....No! when those little grains of exploding hard candy get under your legs....bottom and well, you know! let me tell you it was a less than relaxing bath.
 

It was a slow release and left a cream residue on the top which mixed with the vanilla left my skin really soft and after a while the scent was dulled enough for me to actually enjoy it but sadly the candy had me on edge and it's just not a mix i'll be trying again in a hurry.

TJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment