Monday 21 March 2016

Make up Haul

Sometimes I need to add to my very full make up collection and I'm big on high street names rather than expensive brands because I really don't need a 'photo ready' finish when I'm neither famous not a massive selfie taker but that's not to say any cheap brand will do, I only buy what I know works and it's taken me a while to find those.


I love dark lipsticks, I'm a big fan of reds and purples mainly because I'm quite lazy with eye make up and tend to stick to a casual eye liner and mascara for the sake of time keeping so a bold lip is my main feature, both NYX and Soap and Glory are new to my make up lists, I hoard Soap and Glory bath items but the make up is slowly becoming a favourite of mine. NYX has been on my 'to try' list for a while and I'm impressed, both are matt finishes and both give a strong colour.


Make Up Revolution is one of my go to brands for new products, I love their stuff and the price is fantastic, admittedly the pigmentation on shadows isn't the best ever but i'd sooner layer my make up at £1 a pot than buy a £8+ pot that is only slightly better.
I opted for the Brow tint in medium, I've tried pencils that I can't seem to blend and brow mascaras that don't quite fill in so I gave this a go and it's brilliant!
It glides on well, can be buffed out of I put it on too dark and with an angled brush it's not so defined that I look like I drew them with a ruler.


Unicorns unite is one of the newer ranges of lip colour and of course I needed a blue in my life because I don't have one and well....I just do okay.
They aren't really pigmented which I liked because it gives a great coloured sheen without looking like i'm off to a fancy dress party.


Stargazer are one of those really cool companies I forget to order from until i'm broke so this time I ordered from there first, the little flower is a clear ringed toe ring and the yellow keyring is a free torch, super cute.

The glitter is what first drew me to Stargazer, it's always looked so shiny and I'm a sucker for sparkles so I went for an all round holo glitter and a blue, once I've learnt to love them I can start buying the brighter colours but the camera doesn't catch just how amazing the sparkle really is on these.


The lime green eyeliner was a freebie thrown in but I'm sure I'll find a use for it, as for the mascaras I'm determined to make the most of my pre 30's years before my monster starts telling me I'm too old for colour and they are so vibrant they are the perfect way to start.

TJ x


No comments:

Post a Comment