Saturday 12 April 2014

Tresemme 7Day smooth system

Yay! a smoothing system that keeps your hair fly away free and smooth for 7 days right?
Oh how i wish that were true, sadly after been sent this and being SO! excited i was left disappointed, Me and mini me swim once a week and every Monday night my pillow is left with the stink of chlorine because you never can wash you hair well enough to get rid of it all, so Tuesday i get up to straw like hair that is thick and frizzy and just not good. When i got these products free in return for an honest review i was sure i'd love it and i'd know that buying this in the future was the way forward, i started with the shampoo and it was very runny so definitely a product i'd get through quicker than any other, i slapped it onto my hair and left it to soak in, i washed it out really well and then moved onto the conditioner which again wasn't a creamy, thick lotion that i normally get with conditioner but actually more like a shampoo however after leaving it to soak in my hair felt super soft, i washed it out, towel dried it and then followed the instructions on the back of the treatment cream, all in all the process took me around 2/2.5 hours which is an immediate down side, washing and blow drying my hair takes around an hour in it's self, then applying the amount needed of the cream and straightening in all in one sitting isn't something i have the time to do very often and had i know this was required i wouldn't of applied for the products, my hair was smooth and soft and things were looking good until i woke up the next morning and find through the heat of the night and the general moving about in my sleep i'd got a frizz back to my hair, this stuff is supposed to see me through 7 days of straight including up to 4 hair washes, by day 2 i had to straighten it all over again and after washing it on day 3 it was back to it's scarecrow state as usual.

I'd use the shampoo and conditioner again but wouldn't go out of my way to buy them unless on offer, as for the heat activated treatment, after trying this routine 3 times i gave up with it and will use the rest as a smoothing cream when i put my hair up and as a leave in conditioner after swimming to wash out when i get home as it seem to lessen the smell of chlorine but i wouldn't but it once it's gone. 

All i all it wasn't for me, i do think this may work better either on people that don't swim in heavy chlorine areas and those with thinner hair may have more look but for over £15 for the set it's a costly trial if it doesn't work.


TJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment