Tuesday 25 March 2014

Burt's Bees lip balm

 I wanted to love this product because the thought of using something so natural really warms my heart but sadly i didn't, i like to find a product that covers 2 main bases, 1 - it lasts long enough to justify the price it is and 2 - it makes my life better not worse, if it can manage both of these then it's half way to being a top product, i use bee's wax for candles, i use honey for soap and i had heard about Burts being a big hit but when i came to try this product it didn't tick many boxes for me.
The packaging is neutral, it suits what the product is all about and it screams 'love me' but i felt it lacked what others have achieved, it offered an almost waterproof film on the lips which is great but with this came a greasy bleed around my mouth, it wasn't nice to taste or smell and it gave a tingling sensation that normally comes with 'plumping' lipglosses/balms.
I don't think this will become a handbag must have for me but if it came in another monthly box as this one did i won't complain too much as they make great gifts.

Pro's

It's long lasting and leaves lips soft

Cons: 
It's greasy and seems to bleed

6/10

TJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment