Monday 17 March 2014

March Use Ups

This month i've undertaken a challenge to not buy any unnecessary beauty products and so far been unsuccessful :( However! i have manages to use up 8 sample products that have been laying around.

Get Fruity body wash - This was so bubbly, is came out like a gel and lathered up lovely, it smells devine and if i didn't have so much body wash already to use up i'd buy it again, it came in a handy 50ml size which i've used for the last month when we've gone swimming on me and the little person.

E45 2x 6ml - I don't personally see the fuss about this cream, the adverts rave about it, mums swear by it yet i found it lacking, it wasn't thick and cream how i hoped, it took a while to dry and it didn't seem to offer anything more than other non perfumes body creams.

Nivea Soft 8ml - this little sample went a long way, it smelled quite nice and wasn't too thick, it seems to soak into my skin quickly and the following morning my skin still felt soft, if i didn't have so many more creams to use up i'd purchase this, perhaps even for the little one.

Nivea in shower skin conditioner - 10ml - i used a 'Dry Skin' sample, it wasn't greasy as i expected however it didn't leave my skin feeling any better after i'd washed it off, i left it on for a few minutes and found no lather, it didn't seem to soak into my skin and since i use lotion after bathing it was a little bit of a waste of time for me.

Origins GinZing 1.5ml - I got two uses out of this and it went on lovely, it felt great for a while and then i got an itch and rubbed my face, i'd just cleansed so had no residue of anything left on my skin but soon got bits falling off my face, it reminded me of one of those peel off face masks, it smelled amazing like cutting into a fresh orange but as much as i wanted to love it i wouldn't buy it.

Scholl Heel Repair Cream - 3ml - this stuff is lush! it was thick and creamy, it went on and soaked into my skin straight away and it didn't leave my feet greasy or sticky, i only have a few feet creams and i'll be buying some of this when they run out.

Skin Wisdom instant benefits peel off mask 15ml (full size) - I have dry, oily, blotchy skin and i suffer with alot of black heads, the more i scrub, cleanse and wash the worse my skin gets and i pile on the night cream to try and fix the dryness but nothing works, then i tried this...and it was great, it went on like a day cream and no need for water, 20 minutes later it peeled off quickly and left my skin soft, silky and with little to no dryness, sadly it only lasted a few hours before the itchy, dryness came back but it was nice whilst it lasted, i'd say if you have normal/combination skin this is a great pick me up for a night out or even after a night out.

St.Ives Apricot Scrub 30ml - This stuff is magical, however with my problem skin i chose to use it as a body scrub rather than a face scrub and my! it was lovely, it didn't leave my oily like others have, it was just the right type of scratchy and it smelled lovely, i'd definitely buy this again even if just to use on my legs.

I hope that's helped motivate some of your to use up those little bits left over before starting on a new item.

TJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment