Sunday 2 March 2014

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

I'm trying to get all of my current make up (albeit out of date style wise) out of the way so i can blog about the newer stuff I've been getting but i have a lot :D

So this week i had a lunch date with my mum who's always saying i wear too much makeup but i have a hormone imbalance so my skin for 3 out of 4 weeks is pretty shocking and I've yet to find a foundation that works on my oily/dry/spotty/pale skin so you'll see a lot of foundation pages over the coming weeks but for her sake i tried and failed! to go for a subtler make up style.

I've been messing around with Maybelline for around 2 years now and as of yet I've only ever got on with one of their eyeliners but this foundation was bought for me last year and during the summer months when i have a little more colour in my face it was a really close match for my skin however due to the drab winter it's now making me look a little more orange than i like so I've decided that unless it's an everyday/nip to the shop day and i just need some cover i'll be using this less and less until it's gone all, the only reason i won't throw it away is because i hate waste and it means i can save my others for best.

So...I found this product to be a little cakey, it felt lovely on my fingers and was smooth on my skin but i found it thick and it left my skin feeling heavy, under my eyes after an hour i had lines of build up under my eyes and it made my skin looks worse than without make up as it has sunk into every large pore or dimple i had, it almost resembled a cracked wall that had been plastered badly, i'm sure on a smooth all over surface it would of been lovely and in a none heated room it would of stayed put but this rubbed off at every chance, clung to every little dry patch on my nose and didn't really suit my skin at all.

(i've fixed my SLR but i took these before)

I opted for the 004 Porcelain but wouldn't bother trying another shade just because i didn't like the overall effects.

Pros:
During the coolers summer days it suited my skin colour
Cons:
It was thick and heavy
It rubbed off/bled into other make up
It make all imperfections stand out
It didn't suit my skin during winter
4/10 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment