Saturday 22 March 2014

Onwards with the challange

So I've split the challenge into two parts, first is the Bathroom challenge, to get as many bathroom items such as bath salts, shower gels and hair masks used up before buying more, i'll attach a list below of what i have, next is the Beauty challenge, I don't know about you but my make up boxes are full of part used and never opened lipsticks, face creams and eyeliners but obviously an eye liner take a lot longer to use than a bottle of shampoo so my challenge is to use as many of the make up items i have at least once and if they aren't for me to donate them to the local womens shelter rather than them sitting in my draws taking up space. 

Below is a list of the Bathroom items I've found so far, i have 3 house moving boxes stored away with more in but i'm working on these to make space first :)

My Showergel/Bath creme stash, this is my down fall, i love the new smells they are bringing out all over the place so don't get much used up before i'm into the next one so i'm banned from buying any more :(

These two are my next ones to use up (more for my Ref. than yours) i'll take the tub swimming and use it up before the end of next week and the feminine wash for daily use. 

Next is my scrubs, i luuuuurve scrubs but i struggle to get on with one for too long, it depends on whether i want a deep scratchy shower or a gentle rub over bath but i've used up 2 so far this year so i'm getting better.

The Avon one has around 20mls left in it so i'l use that up first, i'll do a write up but i really don't like it, avon use to do a really nice scrub but they changed it to a yogurty feel and now it's greasy and sticky but i'll use it up as i hate waste.

I have 6 bubble baths at present and they all bar two are fairly used, sadly i've just been diagnosed with a skin condition which means i have to be very sparing with the fragranced stuff so my little one is enjoying the bubbles more than me.

The rose one is next to go, i can use this a little at a time with no reaction however the wilko's vanilla and honey is very strong so i'm only using it once or twice a fortnight and it's a large bottle. 

Bath salts x3....we all have them yet none of us use them, i can honestly say these were all from Christmas, i wouldn't buy salts since i don't use them but i'm determined to use these up, they all smell really nice so i'll be trying them all out soon.

This will be the first one i use, it smells like warm fluff, no the kind you find under the sofa, the mallow you get in a tub for spreading on toast and putting in cocoa.

My bomb collection is a little sparse at present, i've not bought any for around 3 months and i really love them but i've been trying to get my stash down since my last purchase of 12 bombs, these are one thing that don't sit in the cupboard for too long.

Soap anyone? 8 soaps isn't a lot really, the purple and pink clearly get the most use but it's still not enough, i've had the simply soap in the wrapper for 2 years now and no sign of it getting opened anytime soon.

7x face washes, these i'm very good with, i use one or two until it's all gone since my skin is sensitive when it feels like it, the two smaller bottles should be gone by the end of April then i'll use up the solutions. 

3x make up removed, i don't use them very often as i find they react with the skin too much but i do bad my eyeliner off with them, it just takes a long time for them to be used up. 

I'm use alot of exfoliators and then forget which ones i liked so i end up with alot of partially used bottles but the Garnier tub is around 3/4s used so maybe i'll have another UU by april. 

More Christmas items, i don't use toner....i know i should but i just don't and now i'm paying for it s hopefully i'll incorporate this isn't my routine soon

Face masks are another thing lots of use own but hardly ever use, sadly this both offer a 'shimmer' to the skin and i'm not a face of glittery faces so i've kept them at the back of the cupboard.

18 conditioners (one found after the photo was taken) later and i still have horrible hair, i actually didn't realise that i had so many bottles of the stuff so i'll be sure to use a little more each time i do my hair now i know it's not about to run out.

 I have two in a rush bottles for when i don't have time to shampoo and condition my hair or for when i don't have any mini bottles for swimming showers.

I own these two recently so haven't added them to my stash yet, i'll be sure to save them until i've got through some other bits but i'm looking forward to using them.

9x hair masks, the pink tub only has 3/4 uses left in it and the others except the blue lidded tub are all single use so these will go pretty quick now i've taken them out of the cupboard so i don't keep forgetting i have them.

Last is my Shampoo collection, i don't think 12 is bad considering my collection of conditioners but 7 are only trial sizes so it's not as much as it looks :)

And that ladies and gents is why i can't see the back of my cupboard under the sink, i'm a bathroom hoarder and i've only just found out, i count it as 115 to start with and i'm hoping to be down to -50 by the end of the year, i'll be doing my make up collection over the next few weeks but i have some UU's and some reviews to get through first.
I'm off to help my mum sort through hers later this week and i'm sure i'll get stuck with a lot of stuff that she doesn't want but won't let me waste by throwing it away.

TJ x


No comments:

Post a Comment